Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Paperman and Wreck-it-Ralph: A Review!

Wreck-it-Ralph...an adventure of 8-bit teamed up with visually exploding 3D graphics. It's a movie that echoes childhood memories of endless amount of time spent in front of the television playing on a retro console. Aside from making one feel very nostalgic and itching to play old school games of better times; Wreck-it-Ralph is charming, cleverly funny, and a surprisingly touching film. Its story line has a resonating message: It's okay to be yourself. That's what made the film emotional for me. 


The cherry on top of the cake that is Wreck-it-Ralph is Disney's short film, Paperman. It was beautiful and enthralling to watch. Dialogue was not necessary in this short by Disney, because all the emotions exuded from the two main characters. Ever think why silent black and white films were a hit with people during the time? It's because of the music and the essence of the characters that grips us and draws us in. For Paperman, Disney used a brilliant technology called Meander. It's a genius concoction of 2D drawing mixed with CG. Meander breathed life into the characters making them engaging to watch, without sacrificing the romantic look of hand drawn animation. In my opinion, it's pure Disney renaissance. Without giving too much away... it's a love story that provokes the question of: "What if that person was the one for me?" 


Disney truly wowed me with Wreck-it-Ralph and Paperman. I cannot wait to see what brilliant and exciting new things they'll bring out with next. If you haven't seen Wreck-it-Ralph yet, please do! You won't be disappointed!

If you've already seen the film, what did you think of it? Did you enjoy it? Share your thoughts! I love hearing from all of you. 


11 comments:

  1. Ooh I'm excited to watch it! We're going with a couple of friends tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!!! You'll love it! :D Let me know what you think of it.

      Delete
    2. omgahhh! sniff. I loved Paperman and Wreck it Ralph!!! <3 Paperman was beautiful and so heartfelt. Wreck it Ralph was amazing! They knew just how to play with your emotions! hehe I want to watch it again!!

      Delete
    3. YAY! I want to watch it again, too!!! Disney really up their game on this movie. It definitely made me want to take out my Super Nintendo and play it haha.

      Delete
    4. They really did! Haha same here! Seeing all the old games brought back fun gaming memories lol

      Delete
  2. lovely and very interessting post <3

    want to follow each other? i will defiently follow back

    my blog:
    http://thebizarrebirdcage.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting. I would love for us to follow each other. I appreciate your comment. Have a great day. =)

      Delete
  3. this movie looks enjoyable!

    www.davonglisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this movie and so did my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I finally watched it last night!!!! I loved Paperman and the whole movie itself! ^__^ I just love seeing all the characters! haha..

    xo - Sheila
    www.sheislovelyblog.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from all of my followers and I always reply back! Thanks for visiting!